Launching Your Website
Our goal is to make sure you have all the tools necessary to launch your site, maintain your site and grow your business. Here is a checklist of items you should accomplish before launching your site.
- Approve the final design. The first step to launching your site is finalizing the design. Once you’ve said yes to the final look of the site the rest is just details.
- Add content. Add content to your website so there is something for people to read and interact with when they finally arrive at your site. Creating and adding content before launch will also give you a chance to familiarize yourself with the content management system and how to operate your website.
- Proofread. Nothing gives a worse first impression than a website full of content with spelling and grammar errors. Make sure the content you use when launching a website is error free and the best possible content you can create.
- Request small changes or tweaks. You may approve the final look and layout of the site and then later realize it needs some small changes. This happens when you start adding content and working with the site, which is a big reason why we recommend doing this for a period of time before launching. Request the small changes you want before launching the site.
- Create social media accounts and connect them to the site. If you don’t already have a social media account for your company or website then you should create one and start sharing and connecting before the site launches. Once you have an account add your links to the website so visitors can find you on social media sites.
- Plug in your mailing list information. Before launch make sure you have a mailing list signup on your site and it is working properly. Catching email list signups from the beginning is important!
- Add analytics. We do this automatically for our clients but it’s important to remember if you are launching a site on your own. Make sure analytics is loaded into your site and you have access to the information before launch so you have information from every single visitor.
- Tell everyone about it! Talk up the website launch before it happens. This is a critical step a lot of people miss but can help you create a successful website launch. You should mention the new site both before it’s launched to build excitement and then again when it is actually launched to bring in traffic.
What About SEO?
Deciding to hire an SEO company or person is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time, but you can also risk damage to your site and reputation. Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site. Many SEOs and other agencies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:
Review of your site content or structure
Management of online business development campaigns
Expertise in specific markets and geographies.